Sunday, May 22, 2011

Adult Bed Wetting - The Secret Shame

Bed wetting is obviously quite common in developing children who are potty training and still lack the physical control and psychological cues needed to always recognize a need to urinate. There is no lack of books, training videos and websites devoted to solutions, suggestions and products designed for children who wet their beds.

Adults who involuntarily wet the bed during sleep often feel embarrassed and afraid to mention their issue to anyone, even their own doctor. This is an unfortunate mistake.

It is not only unhealthy older adults who suffer from uncontrollable bed wetting, but also younger adults and even teenagers who are healthy and active. While daytime incontinence could also be a problem with many people older people, adult bed-wetting seems to affect people from all walks of life and ages.

Not all adults have the same types of bed wetting issues. Some adults have grown up wetting the bed all their lives, while some adults later develop a bed wetting problem after having years of no problems at all.

Adults who accidentally urinate in their beds over their lifetimes are said to suffer from primary nocturnal enuresis, which is often considered the more difficult kind of enuresis to treat. It often leads to psychological issues and low-self esteem.

SNE (secondary nocturnal enuresis) is defined as bed wetting which begins as teen or adult often years of not having any such bed wetting problems. Secondary nocturnal enuresis is sometimes referred to as adult onset enuresis.

The causes of adult bed wetting are numerous, from physical abnormalities, to undiagnosed bodily injuries, to bladder cancer to anxiety and emotional stress. Certain medical treatments may also cause adults to wet their beds when they never had issues before. Even excessive alcohol and caffeine can affect the chances of an adult urinating in his or her sleep, especially as one gets older.

Talking to your doctor about your bed wetting issues is one way ensure your health. Treatment could be as simple as a few behavioral changes, or you could undergo tests for a more serious condition.

It is estimated that over 4 million American adults suffer from bed wetting. Adult bed wetting can often be the sign of a more dangerous underlying medical condition such as bladder cancer or diabetes, so it is not something to be ignored or treated lightly.

No matter what type of adult bed-wetting you suffer from there could be a quick and effective cure waiting for you. Informing your doctor about your bed wetting issues could improve your life.

2 comments:

  1. Bed wetting is a very embarrassing problem, my son was suffering from it up to the age of eighteen i have given him different medication, but no solution,
    then i got herbal medication which i used on him, now he can sleep all night with out bed wetting,any body with such problem can contact him on phillips1211@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 36 years old female married but my husband divorced me because I bed-wets, (urinary incontinence) I have been going through it since I was a kid till I was married. I bed-wet every night and it also on-core sometime in the day when in deep sleep, it was so embarrassing to the extent I don’t sleep at my friend’s house and I also don’t allow them to sleep at my house, it was also a problem passing a night with my new boy friend and so he was always upset and the relationship was shaking. I was left with no choice than to break the silent and told a friend about what I have been hiding that ruined my marriage and threatening my relationship, she told he how Dr. Uduehi cure her 11 years son bed-wetting problem and gave me his contact. I reached him and he administered his medication on me and was free after treatment, it’s been a year plus since I became free from that embarrassment. You too can be free if you have similar problem.
    Tel: +234-708-487-8384 Email: uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete